Bad News: If you thought you could just keep your head down & your nose clean, and get great results based on “sound principles of direct marketing” …think again.
If you are advertising on Google based purely on the help Google offers you… or on the advice of Google Reps or your agency… then you are marching into severest battle armed with plastic sword and helmet.
But Here’s the Good News: Not only has Google’s AI gone from JOKE to serious new capabilities… even if you’re not using Google Ads AT ALL, you should probably start now, just to take advantage of Google’s AI.
Google Ads Mastery is underway, but it’s not too late to join us!
Dear Marketing Professional:
If you are spending more than $1000/month on Google Ads then innumerable NEW gains, efficiencies, advantages and strategies are now available to you. But only if you synchronize with the new moves.
And if you’re an AdWords veteran, sit up and listen because a target is painted on your head and a sharpshooter has you in his sights:
- All advertisers are consciously being manipulated, very deliberately by Google. Dark patterns exist. You often have to unplug your natural tendencies to make good choices. The new interface is an example.
- In prior years, you could make money being on the frontier of new changes. You could ride that wave at the forefront of what was new in targeting and ad format. You must be very careful now.
- Now, instead you often make money riding the back end of that wave, of change, hanging onto existing command over what Google is assuming control of, for as long as possible.
You MUST know this. This is not an option!!! If you choose to take a pass on this… “don’t bother me this time, I’ll circle back later” – you are making a very big mistake.
If you are an agency managing Google Ads for others, then to not take this course would be irresponsible management of other peoples’ money.
The modest $1000-$2500 investment in Google Ads Mastery will pay for itself over and over and over again. If you’re spending many thousands or tens of thousands a month, it will pay for itself monthly… maybe even weekly.
Mike Rhodes (left) runs the largest Google Ads agency in Australia and is co-author of Ultimate Guide to Google AdWordswith me. This is the #1 selling book on Google advertising and Mike and I are the most trusted truth-tellers in the Google advertising space.
Google Ads Mastery comes in six modules:
Module #1: Search:
- Google’s massive battery of new changes: the New Way of thinking about & running Google Ads
- How to use ‘drafts & experiments’ Because You Must Test Before You Trust!
- You MUST know the fundamentals before you automate!
- You must use audiences and not just keywords in search campaigns
- Correct account & campaign structures for 2019-2020
- Why Exact Match isn’t exact any more & what to do about it (Google is doing to keywords what phone providers do to service plans… they morph them into something else so if you’re not paying attention, you wind up on the most expensive plan)
- Why you need to be VERY CAREFUL using broad match with smart bidding
- “Responsive Search Ads” is now 90% bigger than it ever was before – but they need to be tested FIRST (your mileage may vary)
- AI: Understanding ad ‘elements’ in 2019-2020… When to let the ‘machine’ manage your ads (& when not to)
- Which Ad extensions are most critical
- Should you use Google’s new Smart Campaigns? A definitive criteria
Module #2: Google Shopping:
- Smart Shopping campaigns – what are they & should you use them?
- How to setup shopping the correct way for 2019-2020
- Feed management – what do you need to know, what tools to use
- Dynamic Remarketing – how do you set this up? (You can expect very attractive ROIs if you do this properly)
- Shopify integrations are coming. Are they ready for prime time?
- How do you sell products to multiple countries with the new Smart Campaigns
- Common errors & how to troubleshoot them
- YouTube TrueView shopping – filter & match to video ‘groups’
Module #3: Display & Remarketing:
- The Display Grid – what is it & how to use it to plan campaigns & win more clients
- How to target Intent with G’s latest audiences
- Smart Display Campaigns – eventually forced into this, why you need to know this NOW
What happened to the Display Planner? Google scrapped it. What Google wants you to use instead.
- Similar Audiences recently changed – are you using them the right way?
- What offers/funnels are working on Google Display Network? Look at these examples!
- How should your Display messaging differ from search?
- What are ‘Life Events’ & should you use them?
- Responsive Display Ads – what’s changed & why you probably want to re-consider using them, with the new capabilities that Google’s AI brings (Google is in a massive dog fight with Facebook – struggling to regain their perceived relevance. But make no mistake, Google is EXTREMELY relevant)
Module #4: Youtube & Gmail:
- YouTube as sales influencer – earlier in funnel than ever before!
- How does targeting differ for Youtube & Gmail?
- Which of the (many) formats should you focus on
- TV4A goal is sales (only!) (And don’t let any Google rep tell you otherwise)
- Is your Remarketing setup the right way?
- The Story Arc changed in 2018… are you making use of this critical insight?
- How do you win with Gmail ads
- Which metrics to expect & how to improve them
- What’s Google’s Reach Planner & how can it help you?
Module #5: Tracking
- Deep Dive into conversion tracking
- Which phone tracking solutions are worth using & which are not (Call Rail vs Google?). How to manage local numbers
- Have you updated to the Gtag yet?
- A quick primer on Google Tracking Manager
- When to use Google Analytics for tracking… and when not to
What questions should you ask of your Analytics – aka how to get useful reports
- What reporting tools should you use in 2019?
Module #6: Optimizing campaigns in 2019:
- Mike’s ‘CEO Method’ explained
It’s all about having the right processes. What questions to ask yourself to managing things right.
- New Google Ads habits you need in 2019
- What’s the Profit Curve & how can you use it to find that optimum sweet spot
- What target CPA (or Return On Ad Spend) should you be aiming for? What are you optimizing for?
- What campaign structures should you use in 2019?
- Are SKAGs dead?
- Are external management tools like Optmyzr worth the money in a world of automation?
- Mindset – Ads management is a blend of art & science
- Alerts – send yourself an email when important metrics change
- Billing alerts – now you can get alerted when your credit card declines
- Auto rules – what are the best use cases
- Should you invest in learning Scripts?
- How can you create an email-able Dashboard for your results inside Google Ads
- Mobile speed – how much does it matter & what is AMP?